Charles R. Hathaway
Trial Attorneys


Immigration law is a very technical and ever-changing area of law.

Our office specializes in the following areas:

  • Naturalization
  • Family petitions and Waivers
  • Violence Against Women, children or Men -VAWA
  • Victims of Crime U-Visa
  • Dream Act

Hathaway law realizes that each case is different and that and needs special attention.

We provide the following services for our clients:

  1. Naturalization: U.S. citizenship is granted to a foreign citizen or national after an application has been submitted and approved.
  2. Who May Qualify:

    • You have been a permanent resident for at least 5 years or have been a permanent resident for 3 years or more and meet all eligibility requirements to file as a spouse of a U.S. citizen.
    • You have been a member U.S. armed forces and meet all other eligibility requirements.
    • Your child may qualify for naturalization if you are a U.S. citizen, the child was born outside the U.S., the child is currently residing outside the U.S.
  3. U Non Immigrant Visa: If you were a victim of certain crimes and you assist the authorities in the investigation you may qualify for a U-Visa. This legislation was intended to strengthen the ability of law enforcement agencies to investigate and prosecute cases of domestic violence, sexual assault, trafficking of aliens and other crimes, while also protecting victims of crimes who have suffered substantial mental or physical abuse due to the crime and are willing to help law enforcement authorities in the investigation or prosecution of the criminal activity.
  4. Violence Against Womens Act: The VAWA provisions in the INA allow certain spouses, children, and parents of U.S. citizens and certain spouses and children of permanent residents (Green Card holders) to file a petition for themselves, without the abuser’s knowledge. This allows victims to seek both safety and independence from their abuser, who is not notified about the filing.
  5. The VAWA provisions, which apply equally to women and men, are permanent and do not require congressional re-authorization.

  6. Application for a Waiver for Inadmissability: If you are inadmissible to the United States and are seeking an immigrant visa, adjustment of status, certain nonimmigrant statuses or certain other immigration benefits, you must file this form to seek a waiver of certain grounds of inadmissibility. Please refer to the instructions to determine whether you should use this form. This is a very technical process and thoroughly evaluate before applying for this application. Laws have recently change so it may be applied for prior to leaving the U.S.